Note: This webhook will not be triggered when a contact is added or deleted from the mailing list, nor will it be triggered when an address is changed for a single mailing.
Typical triggers include filling in missing information such as ZIP codes, providing notifications about returned mail, and sending address updates from the National Change of Address database.
- The contact ID used by prayerletters.com.
- The contact ID supplied by your application.
A potential point of confusion involves
is_deliverable field. In
old_address section, it represents our former guess
as to whether or not the address was deliverable, before we updated
the record. It does not indicate whether or not the old address is
If we receive a returned letter without a forwarding address, we
will send an address update event with the same old and new addresses,
is_deliverable set to false on the new address,
as shown in the example above.
message fields to decide
how to handle these events in your app. The
is intended to be consumed by your app, whereas
message field is free-form text intended to be
displayed to the end user, which will often be typed by one of our
In order to allow the list of codes to expand over time, your
application MUST treat any unrecognized code
- The address was updated without a reason being provided. The accompanying message will typically be blank, but may contain a message, and should be displayed to the end user if present.
- The address was updated by an API client.
- A letter was returned to us. It may include a forwarding address.