The body of the request should be formatted identically to the response from the GET call.
When you include a non-null
external_id field with a record, the response will contain a mapping between your ID and the
contact_id at prayerletters.com. You can then use the
contact_id to update or delete the record as needed.
- 400 contacts.upload_body_missing
- The request did not contain any content
- 400 contacts.upload_insufficient_address
- At least one contact does not appear to have a mailing address (at least one of
citymust be filled in).
- 400 contacts.upload_invalid_address
- At least one contact contains an
addressattribute that isn't a JSON object.
- 400 contacts.upload_missing_address
- At least one contact is missing an
- 400 contacts.upload_missing_name
- At least one contact is missing a
- 412 contacts.upload_invalid_contacts_attribute
contactsattribute must be an array.
- 412 contacts.upload_invalid_content
- The content must be a JSON object.
- 412 contacts.upload_invalid_format
- The content must be a JSON file.
- 412 contacts.upload_missing_contacts_attribute
- The JSON file must contain a
- 413 contacts.upload_too_large
- By default, uploads may not exceed 2MB. If you need a larger quota, please contact us.
- 423 contacts.locked
- Another API call is already in the process of replacing contacts on this account.
- 429 contacts.too_many_requests
- Database-intensive queries have lower thresholds for throttling. Contact us if you need higher limits for testing purposes.
- 500 contacts.error_creating_record
There was a database error on our end.
Important: the mailing list may now be in an inconsistent state. We recommend sending a Delete All Contacts request, then sending this PUT request again. If you get the same error, Delete All Contacts again to ensure that a mailing isn't submitted to a partially-uploaded list, and contact us for assistance.
As a workaround, give the user of your application a copy of the mailing list in another format (e.g. CSV or Excel), and ask them to send it to us with their mailing (either through our web site or by email). We will be able to import the list and continue with any active orders once the database error has been resolved.