The body of the request should be a json object formatted identically to a contact object in the response from the GET call.
- The contact's company, church, or other organization. It will be printed beneath the name and above the street address.
Leave the country blank if the contact is in the United States.
For non-US addresses, use the English name of the country (e.g. Germany rather than Deutschland). Place other elements of the address in the
For example, even though German addresses place the postal code before the city name, keep the city in the
cityfield and the postal code in the
postal_codefield. Our software automatically reformats international addresses as needed when printing envelopes.
- Use this field to store your application's identifier for this contact.
The name we should use when showing this contact in a list. It is usually in the format
LastName, FirstNamefor individuals, or just the regular name for companies and churches.
file_asparameter is not included, one will be generated automatically, based on the contact's name.
The name we should use in the first line of a mail-merged letter, usually following the word "Dear".
greetingparameter is not included, one will be generated automatically, based on the contact's name.
- The contact's full name, as it should appear on the first line of an envelope.
- The street address may contain multiple lines
- 400 contacts.missing_name
- The contact must have a
- 400 contacts.upload_body_missing
- The request did not contain any content
- 400 contacts.upload_insufficient_address
- The contact does not appear to have a mailing address (at least one of
citymust be filled in).
- 400 contacts.upload_invalid_address
- The contact contains an
addressattribute that isn't a JSON object.
- 400 contacts.upload_missing_address
- The one contact is missing an
- 400 contacts.upload_missing_name
- The contact is missing a
- 412 contacts.upload_invalid_content
- The content must be a JSON object.
- 412 contacts.upload_invalid_format
- The content must be a JSON file.
- 412 contacts.upload_missing_contact_attribute
- The JSON file must contain a
- 500 contacts.error_creating_record
- There was a database error on our end when creating the contact.