- The ID of the contact to be retrieved, as returned by GET. It typically follows the format
c-###-####, but is not guaranteed to do so, and should be treated as an opaque string.
- The contact's company, church, or other organization. It will be printed beneath the name and above the street address.
Leave the country blank if the contact is in the United States.
For non-US addresses, use the English name of the country (e.g. Germany rather than Deutschland). Place other elements of the address in the
For example, even though German addresses place the postal code before the city name, keep the city in the
cityfield and the postal code in the
postal_codefield. Our software automatically reformats international addresses as needed when printing envelopes.
- Use this field to store your application's identifier for this contact.
The name we should use when showing this contact in a list. It is usually in the format
LastName, FirstNamefor individuals, or just the regular name for companies and churches.
file_asparameter is cleared, a new one will be generated automatically, based on the contact's name (using the updated name, if applicable).
The name we should use in the first line of a mail-merged letter, usually following the word "Dear".
greetingparameter is cleared, a new one will be generated automatically, based on the contact's name (using the updated name, if applicable).
- The contact's full name, as it should appear on the first line of an envelope.
- The street address may contain multiple lines
- 400 contacts.post_without_fields
- A contact update must have at least one field being updated.
- 429 contacts.too_many_requests
- There is an hourly limit for updates to a given contact. The default should cover any sane use case, but please contact us if you need higher limits for testing purposes.